How To Make Money On eBay
E-Bay is one of the world’s giant online marketplace (170 million active users); a place for buyers and sellers to come and buy or sell almost anything!
Here’s How eBay Works:
A seller lists an item on eBay, from dresses, cars, books to fair goods. The seller chooses to accept only bids for the item (sale type roll) or to offer the Buy it now option, which allows buyers to purchase the item straight away at a fixed price.
In an online sale, the command opens at a price the seller placed and remains on eBay for a set number of days. Buyers then place bids on the item. When the listing ends, the buyer with the foremost bids wins (just imagine a huge online auction type of garage sale).
In a Buy it now listing, the first buyer willing to pay the seller’s price gets the item.
Buying and selling on eBay is easy and it’s fun. Best of all, you will never know what you can find.
How To Buy On eBay:
You can find best deals on just about anything on eBay. Whether you want to buy something at a fixed price, or take part in a transaction way listing to win that perfect item, it’s easy to get started:
- First is to register: Just provide your name and email address, then create a user ID and password.
- Find something to buy: You can find almost anything on eBay, whether you have something precise in mind or you are just looking around. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, just remember that tens of thousands of new items are added every day.
- Surf: when you are not exactly sure what you’re looking for, or when you just want to stroll around in a particular category, like clothing or dwelling & estate.
- Glance for: When you’re looking for something in testing. Just enter a few words to explain the item in the search Box, which is at the top of the most eBay pages.
- Be aware of the buying system: Generally, you can buy an item at a fixed price set by the seller or bid for auctioned items (if lady luck is on your side, you can hit the jackpot and get an item for a very low cost).
- Select a fee method: PayPal keeps eBay purchases secure.
- Path your purchases: You can keep track on your purchases. You can use your my eBay page to see what’s happening with your item.
How To Sell and Make Money On eBay:
In general, items listed on eBay can be sold thru setting a Fixed Price (items which has the Buy It Now option) or sell it thru Auction (items which has the option for buyers to place a bid).
The following points will help you become a top rated seller on eBay:
- Decide what to sell and choose how to sell it (fixed price or auction). If you need some ideas, you can go here to see the top products you can sell.
- Optimize your listing by uploading several, high quality photos (make sure to take advantage of having the item blend well with the background).
- Write detailed item description and title.
- Find a niche market and focus on it (It’s always best to focus on items you’re knowledgeable about.).
- Choose your postage option. It’s important to choose and specify the correct postage options for the potential buyers to know how they will receive the item and the time frame it may take. (Keep all postal receipts for your own records. Once the item was sold and delivery is in progress, mark the item as sent and have the tracking number uploaded if available).
- After a successful sale, ask for a feedback. Never forget to ask the buyer to leave a feedback once they receive the item.
Are you making money on eBay? Do you have any story to share? Let us know in the comments!